A survey was conducted by Analytics India Magazine on Data Privacy in India- 2018 to understand the users’ attitude towards data privacy and the awareness level for the same in daily scenarios. It was unexpected to know that most users who use internet intensively do not read the privacy policies before they ‘agree’ or ‘disagree’ to any web portal’s terms. More than 50% respondents admitted to falsifying personal information to get around the process.
Details of the survey below:
- How comfortable are you with your data being sold to third parties?
- Have you read the privacy policies of the web portals?
- Do you use an incognito window to browse?
- Have you ever falsifyed personal data to sign up for products and services online?
- Which detail have you falsifyed about?
- What are the reason for falsifying your data?
- Which data do you feel most protective about?
The unsettling percentage of people fearing their data misuse and breach may force India to follow the European lead in regulating online service provider.